Garlic sauce is one of the most popular condiments we can find. Known as aioli in some countries, it is a perfect companion for meats and potatoes, but it also looks great on a hamburger, a sandwich, a hot dog, or as a dip. Once you have it ready, you can try it with whatever you want. The best thing is that it is a very simple preparation that will take you a few minutes, that’s why we explain to you how to make a garlic sauce to lick your fingers.
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley or coriander (optional)
Also read: Save Time With These Cleaning Tips
Steps to follow to make this recipe
1. Garlic sauce can have many variations, in some countries, they add a sprig of parsley or coriander frescos to the ingredients, which gives it a simply delicious touch. In other places, they incorporate a hot bell pepper into the recipe to make the flavor more intense. As we will give you the most basic recipe of all, to which you can incorporate these optional ingredients if you wish.
2. Start by peeling the garlic, then with the help of a blender, blender, or food processor, grind the garlic together with the spoonful of lemon juice. Once they have been crushed, add the egg to the mixture together with the salt and the pepper and continue beating.
3. Without stopping stirring, you must add to the mixture the cup of oil in a very fine thread, little by little. If you have someone to help you in this task, it is much better, because it is fundamental to do it little by little so that the garlic sauce reaches the desired point and does not get cut.
4. Once you have finished adding the oil, continue stirring until the garlic sauce has reached the desired point. If you plan to add parsley or cilantro, this is the ideal moment to do so, stirring a little until it is crushed.
When it is as thick as you wish, stop stirring, serve in a bowl and take it to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. There! following these simple instructions you will be able to prepare an exquisite garlic sauce, perfect to nibble or serve with your dishes.
Translated and adapted by Limepedia staff.