Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, that’s why I love to always have different options of jams to choose from because they go well with pancakes, crepes, toast.
Although you can also use the jam on cookies or to fill a cake or tartlet and enjoy wonderful snacks. My favorite is the homemade strawberry jam and today I’m going to show you how to make it in a quick and easy way.
- 1 Kg of very ripe strawberries
- ¾ Cup of water
- 1 ½ Cup of sugar
- Juice of one lemon
Also read: How to Start a Garden with Vegetable Scraps
Steps to follow to make this recipe
1. The leaves should be removed from the strawberries and then washed well, cut into small pieces, and placed in a bowl.
Add the sugar and mix it so that it reaches all the strawberry pieces. Once mixed, we will leave it to rest for 1 ½ to 2 hours approximately.
2. During the rest time the sugar will act on the strawberries extracting their juice.
The strawberries are then taken with everything and their juice to a pot, the cup of water and the lemon juice is added. It will be cooked over medium heat until it starts to boil, then the heat is reduced to a minimum and at this point, it will be stirred frequently to prevent the mixture from sticking to the pot.
The cooking time is approximately 45 minutes.
3. After this time we put out the fire and then we will use a potato masher to help obtain a much silkier jam, if you prefer that there is no piece of the strawberry present, you can give it a few touches with a mixer or processor.
4. Your homemade strawberry jam is ready! You can store it in jars that have been previously sterilized and cover them very well to extend the time it lasts in the fridge (although it probably won’t last long there because it’s an irresistible temptation).
Translated and adapted by Limepedia staff.