How to iron the hair?
Ironing your hair requires certain knowledge and practice, you should spend a little time learning and taking those little tips that will prevent your hair from burning. If you want ironing to be great, you must make sure you have everything you need at hand. Do you think it is difficult? Of course not! Here are some recommendations.
After washing your hair
- Detangle your hair with the appropriate comb for your hair type.
- Apply a protective cream against the heat of the iron and the dryer.
- Once your hair is dry, divide it into small strands.
- Begin at the back of your hair, at the strand below the nape.
- Use a thin comb to hold each strand of hair as you go through the straightener.
- Do not use a brush to comb your hair while you iron, it increases frizz.
- It is advisable to pass the iron up to a maximum of three times for each strand, to avoid excessive heat and burn it, and with an approximate duration of 8 seconds in the total of passes.
- It is very important that you use an iron with a temperature regulator and adjust it according to your type of hair, very fine or very thick, remember that nobody knows your hair better than you.
- Always start with an average temperature of 150 degrees if you do not know your hair type.
Also read: This Is What Hair Needs in Autumn and Winter
It is very important that you know that obtaining perfect ironing will depend mainly on having a good hair straightener.
Translated and adapted by Limepedia staff.