That oil should be good for our skin is nothing new. But in winter we swear by body oil all the more! It protects our skin from drying out and cares for it with its important nutrients. We also use hair oil regularly to keep our mane healthy and shiny. But cleansing oil for the face still sounds a bit wrong, doesn’t it? After all, we don’t want our face to shine! But what sounds like a contradiction is now supposed to work wonders for our facial skin.
Cleansing oil cares for and cleans the skin
The Cleansing Oil is designed to remove dirt from our skin and nourish our face with important nutrients. So it’s no wonder that it is now the beauty insider tip that we want to share with you. But what exactly distinguishes the Cleansing Oil from conventional cleansing milk?
Anyone who uses cleansing milk to remove make-up in the evening, or uses make-up removal tissues for this purpose, may have noticed that the skin on their face feels dry and irritated afterward. The reason for this is that although these cosmetic products cleanse our face, they still attack the natural protective film of our skin. They remove grease from our skin. And this is where the cleansing oil comes into play. Because the cleansing oil prevents the skin from drying out, provides a lot of moisture, removes make-up residue and excess sebum from our face.
All the advantages of cleansing oil
- Intensively removes dirt and cleans the skin with the help of natural oils such as castor oil, almond oil, jojoba oil
- Forms a natural protective barrier of the skin
- Zero-waste, because oil and make-up can be removed without a cotton pad
- Suitable for waterproof make-up
Also read: How to Use Coffee and Aloe Vera for Skincare
How do I use the cleaning oil correctly?
When using the Cleansing Oil, there are a few important tips to follow, otherwise, the oil will not fulfill its purpose and will not cleanse the skin effectively enough. We will explain to you step by step how best to cleanse your face with the oil.
- Put a few drops of the Cleansing Oil in your hands and apply it to your skin with circular movements. If you like, you can mix the oil with some water. This gives it a slightly milky consistency.
- Then remove the cleansing oil and make-up from your face by washing it off with lukewarm water. Please do not use hot water for this, because this way your pores will open further and can receive more dirt. It’s better to use cold water when you wash it off because the pores will close and the dirt has no chance to get into your skin.
- Before going to sleep, after cleansing your face, apply a serum with a night cream. Depending on your skin type, you should definitely apply a nourishing facial cream in the evening. Make sure that the ingredients are mildly formulated and contain no perfume or alcohol.
Translated and adapted by Limepedia staff.