Pasta is one of the most famous foods in the world. In the great majority of countries this so polyvalent food is cooked since it can be consumed in many forms and with different recipes. In addition, pasta can be accompanied by a great variety of sauces, such as tomato, one of the healthiest and richest that exists for the ingredients it contains.
In many establishments, you can buy ready-made tomato sauces, but if you choose to make a homemade one you will get a really healthy sauce with an exquisite flavor with which to accompany your favorite pasta. If you want to discover the ingredients you need, the steps to follow, and everything about how to make tomato sauce for pasta, we recommend that you continue reading this recipe for tomato sauce for pasta.
- 1 kg of crushed natural tomato
- 1/2 kg of spring onion
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Go out
- Olive oil
Also read: How to Make Garlic Sauce
Steps to follow to make this recipe
1. To prepare a good tomato sauce for Italian pasta you can start by chopping the vegetables (peppers, garlic, and spring onions) as finely as possible. Use a knife or a chopper to do this.
2. When you have all the vegetables well chopped, it will be your turn to make the sofrito. Take a wide pot of medium height: put it on fire and light it. Then add the olive oil and, shortly after, the onion and garlic.
Finish adding all the chopped vegetables to the pot and let them simmer. It is important that you respect the cooking times to make a good sauce for pasta with tomato, this way you will get the vegetables to poach and be caramelized.
3. Once the sofrito is finished, put some laurel leaves on it and let it continue cooking for 5 more minutes over low heat.
Meanwhile, peel the tomato and crush it in the mincer or with a mixer. Then add the crushed natural tomato to the preparation, it is important that you keep the fire low or, in case you have raised it previously, reduce it again so that the cooking is slow and the mixture of all the ingredients results in a very tasty Italian tomato sauce.
4. After adding the crushed tomato, add the salt and a pinch of sugar, to remove the acidity of the tomato. Control the amount of these two ingredients so as not to spoil the recipe, as their balanced combination is key to giving the best flavor.
If you want a tomato sauce with oregano for pasta, add the oregano at this point of the preparation and, optionally, also a little pepper.
5. After adding all the spices to the pot, let it continue to cook over low heat for approximately 40 minutes. Put a lid on the pot to partially cover it: this way, you will avoid possible splashes, and, at the same time, you will allow the necessary steam to escape.
6. Continue to slowly stir the tomato sauce frequently until the 40 minutes are up. At the end of this time, you should have lost practically all the water content. In this way, it will have thickened and concentrated naturally. When the texture of the sauce is ideal, try it to rectify the flavor if necessary by adding salt, spices, or a little sugar.
At this point, you will have finished this homemade tomato sauce with natural tomatoes, ideal for eating with pasta, and preparing a dish that contains the two most important aspects of food: being very nutritious and with a lot of flavors.
Translated and adapted by Limepedia staff.